WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, & Data Security, will convene a hearing titled “Technology in Agriculture: Data-Driven Farming,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 14, 2017. The hearing will examine the potential benefits of advancements in agricultural technology and the collection and utilization of data in farming.
- Dr. Shannon Ferrell, Associate Professor, Oklahoma State University
- Dr. Dorota Haman, Professor and Chair, Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, University of Florida
- Mr. Todd J. Janzen, President, Janzen Agricultural Law, LLC
- Mr. Justin Knopf, Farmer, Gypsum, KS
- Mr. Jason Tatge, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Farmobile
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, & Data Security
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
NOTE: Updated Mr. Justin Knopf's information and added Dr. Dorota Haman on November 9, 2017