U.S. Senator John Hickenlooper (D-Colo.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety and Data Security, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “Protecting Consumers from Junk Fees” on Thursday, June 8, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. ET. The hearing will explore how undisclosed fees harm consumers and prevent a fair and transparent market and will examine potential legislative solutions.
- Sally Greenberg, Chief Executive Officer, National Consumers League
- Vicki G. Morwitz, Bruce Greenwald Professor of Business, Marketing Division, Columbia Business School
- Todd J. Zywicki, George Mason University Foundation Professor of Law, Antonin Scalia School of Law, George Mason University
Witnesses are subject to change.
WHAT: Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety and Data Security Hearing on Junk Fees
DATE: Thursday, June 8, 2023
TIME: 10:00 a.m. ET
LOCATION: Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
LIVESTREAM: The hearing will stream live on the Committee website here, Twitter here, and Facebook here
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sally GreenbergNational Consumers League
Vicki MorwitzColumbia Business School
Todd ZywickiGeorge Mason University, School of Law