U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations and Innovation, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “Addressing Close Calls to Improve Aviation Safety” on Thursday, November 9, 2023, at 10:00 AM EST. This hearing will examine serious close calls across the National Airspace System and related efforts to improve the U.S. aviation system's safety culture, processes and technologies.
- Jennifer Homendy, Chair, National Transportation Safety Board
- Tim Arel, Chief Operating Officer, Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Organization
- Rich Santa, President, National Air Traffic Controller Association
- Capt. Jason Ambrosi, President, Air Line Pilots Association
- Randy Babbitt, Principal Partner, Babbitt & Associates, LLC
WHAT: Aviation Subcommittee Hearing on Addressing Close Calls to Improve Aviation Safety
DATE: Thursday, November 9, 2023
TIME: 10:00 AM EST
LOCATION: Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
LIVESTREAM: The hearing will stream live on the Committee website, Twitter and YouTube.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Jennifer HomendyNational Transportation Safety Board
Tim ArelFAA Air Traffic Organization
Rich SantaNational Air Traffic Controller Association
Capt. Jason AmbrosiAir Line Pilots Association
Randy BabbittBabbitt & Associates, LLC