U.S. Senator Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Space and Science, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “Promoting Safety, Innovation, and Competitiveness in U.S. Commercial Human Space Activities” on Wednesday, October 18, 2023, at 2:00 PM ET. The hearing will consider human activities in the growing commercial space sector, focusing on safety, global competitiveness and the federal government’s role in regulating human activities in space, ranging from suborbital flights to lunar surface habitats. Experts will testify about the importance of streamlined authorization processes, safety regulations for in-space operations and responsibilities of government agencies overseeing commercial human space activities.
- Caryn Schenewerk, President, CS Consulting
- Wayne Monteith, President and General Manager, National Aerospace Solutions
- Sirisha Bandla, Vice President of Government Affairs and Research, Virgin Galactic
- William Gerstenmaier, Vice President of Build and Flight Reliability, SpaceX
- Phil Joyce, Senior Vice President of the New Shepard Business Unit, Blue Origin
WHAT: Subcommittee on Space and Science Hearing on Commercial Space
DATE: Wednesday, October 18, 2023
TIME: 2:00 PM ET
LOCATION: Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
LIVESTREAM: The hearing will stream live on the Committee website, Twitter and YouTube.
The webcast will appear on this page the day of the hearing.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Caryn SchenewerkCS Consulting
Wayne MonteithNational Aerospace Solutions
Sirisha BandlaVirgin Galactic
Phil JoyceBlue Origin