U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Chair of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, will convene a full committee hearing titled “CHIPS and Science Implementation and Oversight” on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, at 2:00 PM ET. One year after becoming law, the hearing will focus on the implementation and oversight of the CHIPS and Science Act by the Department of Commerce and the National Science Foundation. The hearing will highlight the rollout of investments to boost the United States’ innovation, research and competitiveness through domestic semiconductor manufacturing incentives, regional innovation programs and other science programs established under the law.
- Secretary Gina Raimondo, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Dr. Sethuraman Panchanathan, Director of the National Science Foundation
WHAT: Full Committee Hearing on CHIPS and Science Implementation and Oversight
DATE: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
TIME: 2:00 PM ET
LOCATION: Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
LIVESTREAM: The hearing will stream live on the Committee website, Twitter and YouTube.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.