WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene an executive session on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 9.45 a.m. in Russell Senate Office Building 325 to consider the following legislative measures and nominations:
- S. 804, Empowering Rural Economies Through Alaska Native Sustainable Arts and Handicrafts Act, Sponsor: Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska
- S. 1626, Government Spectrum Valuation Act of 2019, Sponsor: Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah
- S. 3831, Visit America Act, Sponsors: Sens. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii
- S. 4159, Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, Sponsors: Sens. John Thune, R-S.D., Jerry Moran, R-Kan., Todd Young, R-Ind.
- S. 4286, Research Investment to Spark the Economy (RISE) Act, Sponsors: Sens. Edward Markey, D-Mass., Gary Peters, D-Mich., Cory Gardner, R-Colo.
- S. 4462, Flood Level Observation, Operations, and Decision Support (FLOODS) Act, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Gary Peters, D-Mich.
- S. XXXX, Forensic Science Research and Standards Act, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
- Nomination of Eric Soskin, of Virginia, to be Inspector General, Department of Transportation
- Nomination of Robert Primus, of New Jersey, to be a Member of the Surface Transportation Board
- Nominations of Theodore Rokita, of Indiana, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors
- Nomination of Sarah Feinberg, of West Virginia, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors
- Nomination of Chris Koos, of Illinois, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors
*Agenda subject to change
Executive Session Details:
September 16, 2020
Russell Senate Office Building 325
A live video of the markup and additional information will be available at www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
*Note: Agenda updated 9/16/2020