WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, today issued the following statement after the committee approved 13 bills, which are now all subject to approval by the full Senate.
“Today the committee approved several important bills, including the 5G Spectrum Act,” Wicker said. “This legislation would get crucial mid-band spectrum into the market as fast as possible, and the auction proceeds would benefit Americans who have been on the wrong side of the digital divide. Among other proposals the committee approved are bills that would improve drug testing for employees in safety-sensitive transportation positions and extend the NASA Enhanced Use Leasing program. I look forward to the consideration of these measures by the full Senate.”
Bills approved are as follows (approved by voice vote unless otherwise noted):
3. S. 2638, Friendly Airports for Mothers Act, Sponsors: Sens. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., Deb Fischer, R-Neb., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.
8. S. 2881, 5G Spectrum Act, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., John Thune, R-S.D. (Roll call: 14-12)
Wicker Substitute (modified)
a. Wicker 1 (modified)
i. Wicker 1 to Wicker 1
ii. Cruz 1 to Wicker 1
9. S. 2898, Continuity for Operators with Necessary Training Required for ATC Contract Towers Act of 2019 (CONTRACT Act), Sponsors: Sens. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., Jerry Moran, R-Kan., Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis., Dan Sullivan, D-Alaska, Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., Tom Udall, D-N.M., Jon Tester, D-Mont., Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va.
10. S. 2909, NASA Enhanced Use Leasing Act, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
11. S.2964, Aviation War Risk Insurance Extension Act, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.