WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., chairman of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will convene a hearing titled, “The Evolution of Next-Generation Technologies: Implementing MOBILE NOW,” at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 5, 2019. The hearing will examine the implementation of several mandates required by the Making Opportunities for Broadband Investment and Limiting Excessive and Needless Obstacles to Wireless Act (MOBILE NOW). Witnesses will discuss MOBILE NOW’s spectrum provisions and the streamlining of broadband infrastructure on federal lands, among other things.
- The Honorable Paul TenHaken, Mayor, City of Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Mr. Jonathan Adelstein, President & CEO, Wireless Infrastructure Association
- Mr. Scott Bergmann, Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, CTIA—The Wireless Association
- Ms. Mary Brown, Senior Director, Technology and Spectrum Policy, Cisco
- Ms. Sarah Morris, Director, Open Technology Institute, New America
*Witness list subject to change
Thursday, December 5, 2019
Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.