WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled “The Race to 5G: A View from the Field,” at 3:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, October 12, 2018 at Carnegie Town Hall in Sioux Falls, S.D. This hearing will focus on identifying existing barriers to broadband deployment, ways to streamline infrastructure siting, and encourage investment in next generation communications services.
- The Honorable Brendan Carr, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- The Honorable Paul TenHaken, Mayor, City of Sioux Falls
- Dr. José-Marie Griffiths, President, Dakota State University
- Mr. Robert Fisher, Senior Vice President, Federal Government Affairs, Verizon
- Mr. Justin Forde, Senior Director, Government Relations, Midcontinent Communications
- Mr. Mark Shlanta, Chief Executive Officer, SDN Communications
*Witness list subject to change.
Friday, October 12, 2018
3:00 p.m. CDT/ 4:00 p.m. EDT
Carnegie Town Hall
235 W. 10th Street
Sioux Falls, S.D.