November 16, 2017
U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), chairman of the Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard, will convene a hearing titled “Coast Guard Readiness: How Far Can We Stretch Our Nation’s Only Multi-Mission, Military Force?” at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 16, 2017. The hearing will examine the Coast Guard’s role in preparation and response to recent natural disasters that have impacted the U.S. mainland and territories, as well as other strains on the Coast Guard, including drug enforcement, icebreaking, safety of navigation, oil spill response, and non-maritime emergency response.
- Admiral Paul Zukunft, Commandant, U.S. Coast Guard
- Ms. Etta Kuzakin, King Cove, AK
- Dr. Guy Meadows, Michigan Technological University
- Mr. Lee Smithson, Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, & Coast Guard
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.