WASHINGTON – The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, Transportation will hold an executive session on Wednesday, June 29, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. to consider the following legislation measures and pending nominations.
Click here for more information on the nominees.
1. S. 3084, The American Innovation and Competitiveness Act, Sponsors: Sens. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.), John Thune (R-S.D.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
2. S. 827, Improving Rural Call Quality and Reliability Act of 2015, Sponsors: Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Angus King (Ind-Maine), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Jon Tester (D-Mont.)
3. S. 2997, Securing Access to Networks in Disasters Act of 2016, Sponsors: Sens. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
4. S. 1717, to amend title 46, United States Code, to exempt old vessels from certain requirements if improvements made, Sponsors: Sens. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), John Boozman (R-Ark.), Bill Cassidy (R-La.), Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), Rob Portman (R-Ohio), David Vitter (R-La.)
5. S. 3088, Deadline for Compliance with Alternative Safety Compliance Program, Sponsor: Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
6. S. 3087, American Fisheries Advisory Committee Act, Sponsors: Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
7. S. 3059, Marine Mammal Research and Response Act of 2016, Sponsors: Sens. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska)
8. S. 2219, The Outdoor Recreation Jobs and Economic Impact Act of 2015, Sponsors: Sens. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Steve Daines (D-Mont.), Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), Jon Tester (D-Mont.), Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.)
9. S. 3086, A bill to reauthorize and amend the Marine Debris Act to promote international action to reduce marine debris and for other purposes, Sponsor: Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.)
10. S.3099, Access for Sportfishing Act of 2016, Sponsor: Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
11. Nomination of Peggy E. Gustafson to be Inspector General, Department of Commerce
12. Nomination of Michael A. Khouri to be a Federal Maritime Commissioner (reappointment)
* Agenda subject to change
Click here for markup results.
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
10:00 a.m. ET
Full Committee Hearing
Senate Russell Building 253
A live video of the markup and additional information will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
Chairman John Thune