Subcommittee: Future of Spectrum
U.S. Senator Ben Ray Luján (D-N.M.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Communications, Media, and Broadband, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “Future of Spectrum” on Tuesday, August 2, 2022, at 2:30 p.m. EDT. Congress has tasked the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) with the oversight and management of commercial spectrum. However, past disputes have demonstrated the importance of strong leadership at the National Telecommunications and Information Administration and the FCC to ensure coordinated agency management of this important resource. This coordination will become even more important as developing technologies lead to better spectrum sharing in the future. With the Commission’s auction authority set to expire soon, Congress has a unique opportunity to set future spectrum priorities and coordination goals to encourage efficient spectrum use. This hearing will examine important policy considerations to ensure spectrum is utilized for the greatest benefit to the public.
- Chris Lewis, President and CEO, Public Knowledge
- Meredith Baker, President and CEO, CTIA
- Andrew Von Ah, Director of Physical Infrastructure, Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Dr. Coleman Bazelon, Principal, The Brattle Group
Subcommittee on Communications, Media, and Broadband
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
2:30 P.M. EDT
Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVE STREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Chris LewisPresident and CEO, Public Knowledge
Meredith BakerPresident and CEO, CTIA
Andrew Von AhDirector of Physical Infrastructure, Government Accountability Office (GAO)
Dr. Coleman BazelonPrincipal, The Brattle Group