WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) chairman of the Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security, will convene a hearing titled “Protecting U.S. Amateur Athletes: Examining Abuse Prevention Efforts Across the Olympic Movement,” at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 3, 2018. This hearing will examine the processes used by the United States Olympic Committee and the National Governing Bodies for individual Olympic sports to protect our Olympic athletes from abuse.
- Mr. Phil Andrews, Chief Executive Officer, USA Weightlifting
- Ms. Anne Cammett, President, U.S. Figure Skating
- Mr. Tim Hinchey III, President and CEO, USA Swimming
- Mr. Darrin Steele, Chief Executive Officer, USA Bobsled and Skeleton
- Mr. Steve McNally, Executive Director, USA Taekwondo, participating via written testimony and written responses to questions.
*Witness list subject to change.
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
NOTE: Mr. Darrin Steele added to the witness list on 10/1/18.