WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), chairman of the Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard, will convene the hearing titled “Reauthorization of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act: Oversight of Fisheries Management Successes and Challenges” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 12, 2017. The hearing is the third of the series and will focus on the perspectives of commercial, charter, and recreational fishermen on the state of our nation’s fishery laws.
- Phil Faulkner, President, Nautic Star Boats
- Jim Donofrio, Executive Director, Recreational Fishing Alliance
- Chris Horton, Senior Director, Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation
- Mr. Anthony Friedrich, Saltwater Angler
- Lori Steele, Executive Director, West Coast Seafood Processors Association
- Peter Andrew, Board Member, Bristol Bay Native Corporation
- Greg DiDomenico, Executive Director, Garden State Seafood Association
- Capt. William “Bubba” Cochrane, President, Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Shareholders’ Alliance
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
NOTE: Second panel witnesses Capt. William “Bubba” Cochrane replaced Captain Gary Jarvis and Peter Andrew replaced Captain Robert F. Zalles, II, change made 9/11/2017.