WASHINGTON, D.C. - Senator John D (Jay) Rockefeller IV (D-WV), Chairman of the U.S. Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, issued the following statement regarding the nominations reported out by the Committee today:
“I am extremely impressed with the caliber of individuals President Obama nominated to run these vital positions in our government. The President and I agree that we need bold, ambitious and dedicated leadership to tap into our nation’s drive, curiosity, and “can-do” spirit, and it is a testament to their many achievements to be moving to a full Senate vote.
“These individuals will play a major role in rebuilding our economy, fixing our infrastructure, protecting our oceans, and advancing our sciences. They will fill critical positions in the United States Department of Transportation, the United States Department of Commerce, and the Office of Science and Technology Policy essential to getting our country back on track.
“I look forward to seeing these nominations moved quickly by the full Senate and to continue to work on the ambitious agenda before us. There is an opportunity for real change in our nation and we will need their leadership in the road ahead.”
Today’s nominations include:
•Ms. Sherburne B. Abbott, to be Associate Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy at the Executive Office of the President (PN 150)
•Mr. Peter Appel, to be the Administrator of the Research and Innovative Technology Administration at the U.S. Department of Transportation (PN 278)
•Ms. April S. Boyd, to be Assistant Secretary for Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs at the U.S. Department of Commerce (PN 214)
• Mr. Dana G. Gresham, to be the Assistant Secretary of the Office of Government Affairs, at the U.S. Department of Transportation (PN 151)
• Mr. Cameron Kerry, to be General Counsel at the U.S. Department of Commerce (PN 279)
• Mr. Roy W. Kienitz, to be the Under Secretary of Transportation for Policy at the U.S. Department of Transportation (PN 181)
• Mr. Robert Rivkin, to be the General Counsel at the U.S. Department of Transportation (PN280)
• Mr. Joseph C. Szabo, to be Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration at the U.S. Department of Transportation (PN 252)
• Nominations for Promotion in the United States Coast Guard (PN 90, PN 91, PN 92, PN 190, PN 191 and PN 233)