Enhancing Consumer Protections and Connectivity in Air Transportation
U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Chair of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, will convene a full committee hearing titled “Enhancing Consumer Protections and Connectivity in Air Transportation” on Thursday, March 23, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. ET. This hearing will examine the need to strengthen consumer protections for the U.S. flying public, including bolstering Department of Transportation rules, enhancing accessibility for the disability community and exploring the intersection of competition and customer service. This hearing will also discuss the importance of air service connectivity for small and rural communities. The Committee will hear from witnesses about potential solutions to improve consumer protections and competition across the airline industry.
- Trent Moyers, Director of Airports, Chelan Douglas Regional Port Authority
- Sara Nelson, International President, Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
- William McGee, Senior Fellow for Aviation and Travel, American Economic Liberties Project
- Diana Moss, President, American Antitrust Institute
- Heather Ansley, Associate Executive Director of Government Relations, Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Jeffrey Shane, Former Under Secretary for Policy, U.S. Department of Transportation
Full Committee Hearing
Thursday, March 23, 2023
10:00 a.m. ET
Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVE STREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov and on Twitter @CommerceDems
Due to limited space, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Trent MoyersDirector of Airports, Chelan Douglas Regional Port Authority
Sara NelsonInternational President, Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
William McGeeSenior Fellow for Aviation and Travel, American Economic Liberties Project
Diana MossPresident, American Antitrust Institute
Heather AnsleyAssociate Executive Director of Government Relations, Paralyzed Veterans of America
Jeffrey ShaneFormer Under Secretary for Policy, U.S. Department of Transportation