U.S. Senator Jacky Rosen (D-Nev.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Tourism, Trade, and Export Promotion, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “Examining the 2022 National Travel and Tourism Strategy” on Tuesday, July 12, 2022, at 10 a.m. ET. This hearing will analyze the Department of Commerce’s recently published strategy to strengthen the global competitiveness of our nation’s travel and tourism industry and make it more sustainable and resilient. The Subcommittee will examine the strategy’s specific aims to promote the United States as a premier travel destination, including: broadening marketing efforts to encourage visitation to underserved and underrepresented communities; facilitating safe and efficient travel to and within the United States and its territories; ensuring diverse and accessible tourism experiences; focusing on showcasing the nation’s federal lands and national parks; and fostering resilient and sustainable travel and tourism.
First Panel: Administration Witness
- Grant Harris; Assistant Secretary of Commerce, Industry and Analysis, Department of Commerce
Second Panel: Chair and Vice Chair of the U.S. Travel and Tourism Advisory Board (“TTAB”)
- William “Bill” Hornbuckle; President and CEO, MGM Resorts International, Testifying in his capacity as the Chair of TTAB
- Brad Dean, CEO, Discover Puerto Rico, Testifying in his capacity as the Vice Chair of TTAB
Subcommittee on Tourism, Trade, and Export Promotion
Tuesday, July 12, 2022
10 a.m. ET
Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVE STREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Senator RosenSubcommittee Chair
Witness Panel 1
Grant HarrisAssistant Secretary of Commerce for Industry and Analysis International Trade Administration
Witness Panel 2
William “Bill” HornbucklePresident and CEO, MGM Resorts International, Testifying in his capacity as the Chair of TTAB
Brad DeanCEO, Discover Puerto Rico, Testifying in his capacity as the Vice Chair of TTAB