Ensuring Transparency in Petroleum Markets
U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Chair of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a full committee hearing titled, “Ensuring Transparency in Petroleum Markets,” at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, April 5, 2022. Rising gasoline and diesel pump prices, and wide disparity in pricing across the nation, have exposed the lack of transparency about how prices are set in the petroleum markets despite their profound impact on the U.S. economy and household budgets. This hearing will examine steps Congress can take to protect consumers from excessive gas prices, including increasing transparency and ensuring the Federal Trade Commission has the tools and authority necessary to monitor wholesale markets and investigate suspicious trading practices.
- Robert McCullough, Principal, McCullough Research
- Kathleen Sgamma, President, Western Energy Alliance
Full Committee Hearing
10:00 a.m. ET
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVE STREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.