WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation advanced ten Biden Administration nominations. All are subject to approval by the full Senate.
The following nominations were reported to the floor:
- Nomination of Mr. Arun Venkataraman, to be Assistant Secretary of Commerce and Director General of the United States and Foreign Commercial Service (PN1520)
- Nomination of Mr. Mohsin Raza Syed, to be an Assistant Secretary for Government Affairs, Department of Transportation (PN1531)
- Nomination of Mr. Grant T. Harris, to be Assistant Secretary for Industry and Analysis, Department of Commerce (PN1539)
- Nomination of Ms. Jainey Kumar Bavishi, to be Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere (PN1540)
- Nomination of Mr. Christopher A. Coes, to be an Assistant Secretary of Transportation (PN1544)
- Nomination of Dr. Laurie E. Locascio, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for Standards and Technology (PN1545)
- Nomination of Ms. Carol A. Petsonk, to be Assistant Secretary of Transportation for Aviation and International Affairs (PN1546)
The following tie votes were reported to the floor:
- Nomination of Ms. Gigi B. Sohn, to be a Commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission (PN1536)
- Nomination of Mr. Alvaro M. Bedoya, to be a Commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission (PN1541)
- Nomination of Ms. Mary T. Boyle, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (PN1542)
In accordance with S. Res. 27, the Majority Leader may make a motion to discharge the nominations to place them on the executive calendar.