Subcommittee: Stopping COVID-19 Fraud and Price Gouging
WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Chair of the Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Data Security will convene a hearing titled, “Stopping COVID-19 Fraud and Price Gouging,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February, 1, 2022. This hearing will examine the ongoing proliferation of scams and price gouging related to and enabled by the COVID-19 pandemic; highlight efforts to educate consumers about COVID-related scams; and explore proposals to strengthen FTC enforcement against unfair and deceptive practices.
- Samuel Levine, Director, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Teresa Murray, Director of Consumer Watchdog Office, U.S. Public Interest Research Group
- Mary Engle, Executive Vice President (Policy), BBB National Programs
- Todd Leatherman, Program Counsel for the National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute Center for Consumer Protection, National Association of Attorneys General
Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Data Security
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVE STREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream. Social distancing is now lifted for vaccinated members of the press who wish to attend. The Office of the Attending Physician recommends that all individuals wear masks while in interior spaces and other individuals are present.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Samuel LevineDirector, Bureau of Consumer ProtectionFederal Trade Commission
Teresa MurrayDirector of Consumer Watchdog OfficeU.S. Public Interest Research Group
Mary EngleExecutive Vice President for PolicyBBB National Programs
Todd LeathermanProgram Counsel for the National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute Center for Consumer ProtectionNational Association of Attorneys General