U.S. Senator Ben Ray Luján (D-N.M.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Communications, Media and Broadband, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “Ensuring Solutions to Meet America’s Broadband Needs” on Tuesday, December 13, 2022, at 10 a.m. ET. Millions of Americans live in rural, Tribal and low-income urban areas that do not have access to affordable broadband. Congress has provided support for fixed and mobile broadband, including through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). New federal support for broadband access, affordability and inclusion will bring us closer to closing the digital divide and achieving digital equity. This hearing will examine ongoing and past efforts within the public and private sectors to bring affordable, resilient and secure broadband to all communities.
- Kimball Sekaquaptewa, Chair, Connect New Mexico Council; Chief Technology Director, Santa Fe Indian School
- Hon. Michael Powell, President and CEO, NCTA – The Internet & Television Association
- Jonathan Spalter, President and CEO, USTelecom
- Angela Siefer, Executive Director, National Digital Inclusion Alliance
Subcommittee on Communications, Media, and Broadband
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
10 a.m. ET
Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVE STREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Kimball SekaquaptewaConnect New Mexico Council; Santa Fe Indian School
Hon. Michael PowellNCTA – The Internet & Television Association
Angela SieferNational Digital Inclusion Alliance