Subcommittee: Legislative Solutions to Revive Travel and Tourism and Create Jobs
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Senator Jacky Rosen (D-NV), Chair of the Subcommittee on Tourism, Trade, and Export Promotion will convene a hearing titled “Legislative Solutions to Revive Travel and Tourism and Create Jobs” at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 21, 2021. This hearing will examine a staff discussion draft of bipartisan legislation, the Omnibus Travel and Tourism Act of 2021, that would support the recovery of the travel and tourism economy in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The draft Omnibus Travel and Tourism Act includes provisions to study the impacts of COVD-19 on the travel and tourism industry, elevate travel and tourism matters at the US Department of Commerce, promote travel to the United States, and set visitation goals for international travelers to the United States.
- Ms. Tori Emerson Barnes, Executive Vice President of Public Affairs and Policy, U.S. Travel Association
- Mr. Christopher Bidwell, Senior Vice President of Security, Airports Council International – North America
- Mr. Chirag Shah, Senior Vice President of Federal Affairs, American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Ms. Suzanne Neufang, CEO, Global Business Travel Association
*Witness List is Subject to Change
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
3:00 P.M. EDT
Subcommittee on Tourism, Trade, and Export Promotion
Senate Commerce Committee Hearing Room
Livestream available at www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream. Social distancing is now lifted for vaccinated members of the press who wish to attend. The Office of the Attending Physician recommends that all individuals wear masks while in interior spaces and other individuals are present.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Ms. Tori Emerson BarnesExecutive Vice President of Public Affairs and PolicyU.S. Travel Association
Mr. Christopher BidwellSenior Vice President of SecurityAirports Council International – North America
Mr. Chirag ShahSenior Vice President of Federal AffairsAmerican Hotel and Lodging Association
Ms. Suzanne NeufangCEOGlobal Business Travel Association