WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Senator Gary Peters (D-MI), the Chair of the Subcommittee on Surface Transportation, Maritime, Freight, and Ports, will convene a hearing titled, “Freight Mobility: Strengthening America’s Supply Chains and Competitiveness,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 11, 2021. The hearing will address the current challenges facing the freight industry, and the ways in which Congress and stakeholders can enhance our nation’s transportation infrastructure and supply chains to ensure the continued competitiveness of American freight movement. Witnesses will also have the opportunity to discuss other opportunities to strengthen U.S. freight and transportation policy.
- Mr. Chuck Baker, President, American Short Line & Regional Railroad Association
- Mr. Lamont Byrd, Director, Safety and Health Department, International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- Mr. Chris Connor, President & CEO, American Association of Port Authorities
- Mr. Chris Spear, President & CEO, American Trucking Associations
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation, Maritime, Freight, and Ports (Hybrid)
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Chris SpearPresident & CEOAmerican Trucking Associations
Mr. Chris ConnorPresident & CEOAmerican Association of Port Authorities
Mr. Chuck BakerPresidentAmerican Short Line & Regional Railroad Association
Mr. Lamont ByrdDirectorSafety and Health Department, International Brotherhood of Teamsters