WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Senator Jacky Rosen (D-NV), Chair of the Subcommittee on Tourism, Trade, and Export Promotion, will convene a hearing titled, “The State of Travel and Tourism During COVID,” at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 13, 2021. This hearing will examine the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the travel and tourism industry, with a particular focus on the hotels, conventions, and the broader hospitality industry. It will also review regional impacts of COVID on tourism-heavy economies and those communities disproportionately affected by the pandemic's resulting economic downturn. Witnesses will have the opportunity to provide their insights surrounding these critical issues, as well as discuss solutions for supporting and revitalizing the travel and tourism industry moving forward.
- Mr. Steve Hill, CEO and President, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Mr. Jorge Perez, Regional Portfolio President, MGM Resorts International
- Ms. Carol Dover, President and CEO, Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association
- Ms. Tori Emerson Barnes, Executive Vice President, Public Affairs and Policy, U.S. Travel Association
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
3:00 p.m. EDT
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Ms. Carol DoverPresident and CEOFlorida Restaurant and Lodging Association
Mr. Jorge PerezRegional Portfolio PresidentMGM Resorts International
Mr. Steve HillCEO and PresidentLas Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
Ms. Tori Emerson BarnesExecutive Vice President, Public Affairs and PolicyU.S. Travel Association