Subcommittee: Driving Innovation: the Future of Automotive Mobility, Safety, and Technology
WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Senator Gary Peters (D-MI), the Chair of the Subcommittee on Surface Transportation, Maritime, Freight, and Ports, will convene a hearing titled, “Driving Innovation: the Future of Automotive Mobility, Safety, and Technology,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 27, 2021. The hearing will address how automotive innovation will influence the future of vehicle safety, mobility, and technology in a global economy. Witnesses will have the opportunity to discuss the state of automotive innovation and current challenges and opportunities, and the ways in which Congress and stakeholders can help the automotive industry provide equitable access to world-class safety and mobility for all Americans.
- Mr. John Bozzella, President & CEO, Alliance for Automotive Innovation
- Ms. Ann Wilson, Senior Vice President, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Ms. Rana Abbas Taylor, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Mr. Reuben Sarkar, President & CEO, American Center for Mobility
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
2:30 p.m. EDT
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation, Maritime, Freight, and Ports
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the markup. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this markup via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Ms. Ann WilsonSenior Vice PresidentMotor & Equipment Manufacturers Association
Mr. John BozzellaPresident & CEOAlliance for Automotive Innovation
Ms. Rana Abbas TaylorMothers Against Drunk Driving
Mr. Reuben SarkarPresident & CEOAmerican Center for Mobility