WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Chair of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “Legislative Hearing on the Endless Frontier Act,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 14, 2021. The hearing will address potential actions to strengthen the U.S. innovation ecosystem, including increasing National Science Foundation research funding; growing and diversifying the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) pipeline; improving technology transfer; and investing in regional innovation centers. Witnesses will also have the opportunity to discuss other opportunities to strengthen U.S. innovation policy.
- The Honorable Dr. Kelvin Droegemeier, Regents Professor, University of Oklahoma, and former Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy, and former Acting Director, National Science Foundation
- Dr. Marie Lynn Miranda, Provost, University of Notre Dame
- Dr. David Shaw, Provost and Executive Vice President, Mississippi State University
- Ms. Linden Rhoads, General Manager, The W Fund
- Dr. Gary Butler, CEO, Camgian
- Mr. Bill Bonvillian, Senior Director, MIT Office of Open Learning; Lecturer
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
10:00 a.m. EDT
Full Committee (Hybrid)
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.