Subcommittee: State of Telehealth: Removing Barriers to Access and Improving Patient Outcomes
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Senator Ben Ray Luján (D-NM), the Chair of the Subcommittee on Communications, Media, and Broadband, will convene a hearing titled “State of Telehealth: Removing Barriers to Access and Improving Patient Outcomes” at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 7, 2021. The hearing will examine the importance of access to telehealth services, the utilization and changes during the COVID-19 pandemic, the critical role of access to broadband in the public health response, and how to structure future deployment and policy to address the needs of underserved communities.
- Sterling N. Ransone, Jr., MD, FAAFP, President, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Sanjeev Arora, MD, MACP, FACG, Founder, Project ECHO; Distinguished Professor of Medicine, University of New Mexico
- Deanna Larson, President, Avel eCARE
- The Honorable Brendan Carr, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
Thursday, October 7, 2021
10:00 a.m. EDT
Subcommittee on Communications, Media, and Broadband
Commerce Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVESTREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream. Social distancing is now lifted for vaccinated members of the press who wish to attend. The Office of the Attending Physician recommends that all individuals wear masks while in interior spaces and other individuals are present.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sterling N. Ransone Jr.MD, FAAFP, PresidentAmerican Academy of Family Physicians
Sanjeev AroraMD, MACP, FACG, Founder, Project ECHODistinguished Professor of Medicine, University of New Mexico
Deanna LarsonPresidentAvel eCARE
The Honorable Brendan CarrCommissionerFederal Communications Commission