An Evaluation of FirstNet’s Progress
10:00 AM Russell Senate Office Building 253
U.S. Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., chairman of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will convene a hearing titled, “An Evaluation of FirstNet’s Progress,” at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 24, 2020. The hearing will examine FirstNet and AT&T’s progress on building a nationwide public safety broadband network. The hearing will also review the Government Accountability Office’s most recent oversight report on FirstNet that was released in January 2020.
- Captain Tony Harrison, Sheriff’s Office, Pennington County, South Dakota
- Ms. Karima Holmes, Director, Unified Communications
- Mr. Edward Parkinson, Executive Director, FirstNet Authority
- Mr. Jason Porter, Senior Vice President, FirstNet Program at AT&T
*Witness list subject to change
Thursday, September 24, 2020
Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Captain Tony HarrisonSheriff’s OfficePennington County, South Dakota
Ms. Karima HolmesDirectorUnified Communications
Mr. Edward ParkinsonExecutive DirectorFirstNet Authority
Mr. Jason PorterSenior Vice PresidentFirstNet Program at AT&T