10:00 AM Russell Senate Office Building 253
U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, chairman of the Subcommittee on Security, will convene a hearing titled, “The China Challenge: Realignment of U.S. Economic Policies to Build Resiliency and Competitiveness,” at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 30, 2020. The hearing will examine topics related to the Chinese Communist Party's unfair trade practices, intellectual property theft, and market manipulation and their harmful impact on U.S. global economic competitiveness.
Witness Panel 1:
- Dr. Rush Doshi, Director of the Chinese Strategy Initiative, The Brookings Institution
- Mr. Michael Wessel, Commissioner, U.S. - China Economic and Security Review Commission
Witness Panel 2:
- The Honorable Keith Krach, Under Secretary for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment, U.S. Department of State
- The Honorable Nazak Nikakhtar, Assistant Secretary for Industry and Analysis, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
*Witness list subject to change
Thursday, July 30, 2020
Subcommittee on Security
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
**Witness list updated 7/28/2020
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Michael WesselCommissionerU.S. - China Economic and Security Review Commission
Dr. Rush DoshiDirector of the Chinese Strategy InitiativeThe Brookings Institution
Witness Panel 2
The Honorable Nazak NikakhtarAssistant Secretary for Industry and AnalysisInternational Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
The Honorable Keith KrachUnder Secretary for Economic GrowthEnergy, and the Environment, U.S. Department of State