WASHINGTON – The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation today approved eight bills and seven nominations, which are now all subject to approval by the full Senate.
Bills and nominations considered are as follows (approved by voice vote unless otherwise noted):
1. S. 933, Bolstering Long-Term Understanding and Exploration of the Great Lakes, Oceans, Bays, and Estuaries (BLUE GLOBE) Act, Sponsors: Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, R-R.I., Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii
Schatz Substitute (as modified)
2. S. 1730, Living Shorelines Act of 2019, Sponsors: Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Edward Markey, D-Mass., Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis.
Scott 2 (as modified)
3. S. 3152, Data Mapping to Save Moms’ Lives Act, Sponsors: Sens. Jacky Rosen, D-Nev., Deb Fischer, R-Neb., Todd Young, R-Ind., Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, Edward Markey, D-Mass., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.
4. S. 3771, Fundamentally Understanding the Usability and Realistic Evolution (FUTURE) of Artificial Intelligence Act of 2020, Sponsors: Sens. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., Todd Young, R-Ind., Edward Markey, D-Mass
7. S. 4144, Sport Fish Restoration and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2020, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
8. S. 4162, Airport Infrastructure Readiness (AIR) Act of 2020, Sponsors: Sens. Deb Fischer, R-Neb., Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., Ted Cruz, R-Texas, Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill.
9. Joel Szabat, of Maryland, to be Under Secretary of Transportation for Policy, U.S. Department of Transportation
10. Michael O’Rielly, of New York, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission
11. Michael Walsh, Jr., of Virginia, to be General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Commerce
12. Mary Toman, of California, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for Economic Affairs, U.S. Department of Commerce
13. Coast Guard Nominations