WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “Exploring a Compensation Framework for Intercollegiate Athletes” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. This hearing will examine the National Collegiate Athletic Association Board of Governors’ recent report on student-athlete compensation and the modernization of rules related to name, image, and likeness (NIL) commercialization. Witnesses will have the opportunity to discuss topics regarding commercial use of
- Mr. Keith Carter, Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics, The University of Mississippi
- Dr. Michael Drake, Chairman, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Board of Governors
- Ms. Dionne Koller, Law professor, University of Baltimore
- Mr. Greg Sankey, Commissioner, Southeastern Conference
- Mr. Eric Winston, Former National Football League Player and College Athlete
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Full Committee Hearing
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
**Note: Witness list updated 6/29/2020