WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, today released the following statement after the committee approved eight bills, seven nominations, and Coast Guard promotions, which are now all subject to approval by the full Senate.
Bills and nominations considered are as follows (approved by voice vote unless otherwise noted):
3. S. 3681, A bill to require a joint task force on air travel during and after the COVID–19 Public Health Emergency, and for other purposes, Sponsors: Sens. Ed Markey, D-Mass., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.
a. Lee 1
b. Lee 2 (modified)
c. Markey 1
5. S. 3712, Cybersecurity Competitions to Yield Better Efforts to Research the Latest Exceptionally Advanced Problems (CYBER LEAP) Act of 2020, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Jacky Rosen, D-Nev., Cory Gardner, R-Colo.
a. Lee 3
b. Lee 4 (modified)
6. S. 3717, Spectrum IT Modernization Act of 2020, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
7. S. 3729, Motor Carrier Safety Grant Relief Act of 2020, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., John Thune, R-S.D., Deb Fischer, R-Neb., Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill.
9. Nomination of Neil Jacobs, of North Carolina, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere
10. Nomination of Finch Fulton, of Alabama, to be an Assistant Secretary of Transportation
11. Nomination of John Chase Johnson, of Oklahoma, to be Inspector General, Federal Communications Commission
12. Nomination of Diana Furchtgott-Roth, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of Transportation (Roll call: 14-12)
13. Nomination of Joseph Ryan Gruters, of Florida, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors for a term of five years (Roll call: 13-12)
14. Nomination of Leon Westmoreland, of Georgia, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors for a term of five years (Roll call: 14-12)
15. Nomination of Rick Dearborn, of Oklahoma, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors for a term of five years (Roll call: 14-12)
16. Coast Guard Promotions