09:00 AM Rental Car Center Facility Cathy Leonard-McLean Community Room
U.S. Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., ranking member of the Subcommittee on Security, will convene a field hearing titled, “Promoting Safe Skies through Scanning and Screening: Oversight of Air Cargo Security,” at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, February 24, 2020. The hearing will examine the oversight of certified cargo screening facilities, screening technology, the efficiency of the global supply chain, and other air cargo security topics at Boston Logan International Airport.
- Mr. John Beckius, Executive Director, Air Cargo Division, Transportation Security Administration
- Mr. Edward Freni, Director of Aviation, Massachusetts Port Authority
- Mr. Brandon Fried, Executive Director, Airforwarders Association
- Ms. Jennifer Ritter, Flight Attendant, United Airlines, on behalf of Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
- Mr. Steve Urchuk, Chief Technology Officer, Analogic
Monday, February 24, 2020
Subcommittee on Security
Cathy Leonard-McLean Community Room
Rental Car Center Facility
Boston Logan International Airport
15 Transportation Way
Boston, MA 02128
The livestream, witness testimony, and opening statements will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
Click here to watch the hearing.
Ranking Member Ed Markey
Mr. John BeckiusExecutive DirectorAir Cargo Division, Transportation Security Administration
Mr. Edward FreniDirector of AviationMassachusetts Port Authority
Mr. Brandon FriedExecutive DirectorAirforwarders Association
Ms. Jennifer RitterFlight Attendant, United AirlinesAssociation of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
Mr. Steve UrchukChief Technology OfficerAnalogic