10:00 AM Dirksen Senate Office Building 106
U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., chairman of the Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection, will convene a hearing titled, “Name, Image, and Likeness: The State of Intercollegiate Athlete Compensation,” at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 11, 2020. The hearing will examine ongoing issues that surround compensating collegiate athletes for the use of their name, image, and likeness. Witnesses will also discuss the use of third party agents, current definitions of amateurism, and allowable incentives made available to today’s college athletes.
- Mr. Bob Bowlsby, Commissioner, Big 12 Conference
- Mr. Mark Emmert, President, National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Dr. Douglas Girod, Chancellor, University of Kansas
- Mr. Ramogi Huma, Executive Director, National College Players Association
- Mr. Kendall Spencer, Chair, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, National Collegiate Athletic Association
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building 106. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Bob BowlsbyCommissionerBig 12 Conference
Mr. Mark EmmertPresidentNational Collegiate Athletic Association
Dr. Douglas GirodChancellorUniversity of Kansas
Mr. Ramogi HumaExecutive DirectorNational College Players Association
Mr. Kendall SpencerChair, Student-Athlete Advisory CommitteeNational Collegiate Athletic Association