WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “5G Supply Chain Security: Threats and Solutions,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 4, 2020. The hearing will examine the security and integrity of the telecommunications supply chain and efforts to secure networks from exploitation in the transition to 5G. The hearing will also examine the federal government’s role in mitigating risks to telecommunications equipment and services in the U.S. and abroad.
- Mr. Steven Berry, President and Chief Executive Officer, Competitive Carriers Association
- Mr. Jason Boswell, Head of Security, Network Product Solutions, Ericsson
- Ms. Asha Keddy, Corporate Vice President and General Manager, Next Generation and Standards, Intel Corporation
- Mr. Mike Murphy, Chief Technology Officer, Americas at Nokia
- Dr. James Lewis, Senior Vice President and Director of the Technology Policy Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*Note: Witness list updated 3/2/2020