02:30 PM Russell Senate Office Building 253
U.S. Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., chairman of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will convene a hearing titled, “Betting on the Rest: Expanding American Entrepreneurship Outside Traditional Hubs,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 15, 2020. The hearing will examine the venture capital gap that exists between different geographic regions in America, how COVID-19 could redefine this gap, and what the private and public sectors are doing to address it.
- Ms. Jan Garfinkle, Founder and Managing Partner, Arboretum Ventures
- Mr. David Hall, Managing Partner, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Funds
- Mr. Ray Hespen, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Property Meld
- Ms. Dawn Lippert, Chief Executive Officer, Elemental Excelerator
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet (Hybrid)
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Ms. Jan GarfinkleFounder and Managing PartnerArboretum Ventures
Mr. David HallManaging PartnerRevolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Funds
Mr. Ray HespenCo-Founder and Chief Executive OfficerProperty Meld
Ms. Dawn LippertChief Executive OfficerElemental Excelerator