WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “Industries of the Future,” immediately following an executive session at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, January 15, 2020. The hearing will examine how the United States can maintain its global economic edge in artificial intelligence, advanced manufacturing, quantum information science, biotechnology, and developing the next generation of wireless networks and infrastructure. Witnesses will discuss research and development investments, regulatory changes, and workforce training needed to ensure continued economic growth and job creation in America.
- The Honorable Walter Copan, Director, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Commerce
- The Honorable France Córdova, Director, National Science Foundation
- The Honorable Michael Kratsios, Chief Technology Officer of the United States, Office of Science and Technology Policy
- The Honorable Michael O’Rielly, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- The Honorable Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Immediately following 10:00 a.m. executive session
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.