WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “Fishery Failures: Improving the Disaster Declaration and Relief Process,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 25, 2019. This hearing will examine federal and stakeholder perspectives on the fishery disaster process and how those disasters impact local communities. The hearing will also examine recent and pending disaster declarations and how the process for both declaration and relief could be improved.
- Brigadier General (Retired) Joe Spraggins, Executive Director, Mississippi Department of Marine Resources
- Ms. Rachel Baker, Deputy Commissioner, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Mr. Chris Oliver, Assistant Administrator for the National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
- Mr. Robert Spottswood, Chairman, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Mr. Ron Warren, Director of Fish Policy, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.