WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., chairman of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will convene a hearing titled, “Transforming Rural America: A New Era of Innovation,” at 1:30 p.m. CST on Thursday, September 5, 2019. This hearing will examine the innovations high-speed broadband services bring to rural America in a variety of sectors such as agriculture, education, health care, and small business. The hearing will also explore the need to bring additional reliable broadband connectivity to rural America.
- The Honorable Brendan Carr, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Dr. José-Marie Griffiths, President, Dakota State University
- Ms. Deanna Larson, President, Avera eCARE
- Mr. Mark Shlanta, Chief Executive Officer, SDN Communications
- Mr. Craig Snyder, Chief Executive Officer, VIKOR Teleconstruction
- Dr. Michael Adelaine, Vice President for Technology and Security, South Dakota State University
*Witness list subject to change
Thursday, September 5, 2019
1:30 p.m. CST
Southeast Technical Institute
(HUB) 2001 North Career Avenue
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57107
Witness testimony of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*Note: Location updated 9/3/19