WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “Next Steps for Positive Train Control Implementation,” at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 31, 2019. This hearing will focus on the implementation of positive train control (PTC) and anticipated compliance with the December 31, 2020 deadline. Witnesses will discuss the current status of PTC implementation and any challenges railroads may face by the final deadline.
- The Honorable Ronald Batory, Administrator, Federal Railroad Administration
- Mr. Robert Bourg, Vice President, Strategy and Growth, Wabtec Corporation
- Mr. Jim Derwinski, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Metra
- Ms. Susan Fleming, Director of Physical Infrastructure, Government Accountability Office
- Mr. Chris Matthews, Assistant Vice President, Network Control Systems, BNSF Railway
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.