WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety, will convene a hearing titled, “Examining Technological Innovations in Transportation,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25, 2019. The hearing will examine the adoption of technology by transportation stakeholders and the effects of technology on the surface transportation network. Witnesses will discuss new technologies in the transportation sector, associated impacts, and the benefits and challenges to deploying such technologies.
- Mr. Steve Ingracia, Deputy Director of Technology and Strategic Planning, Nebraska Department of Transportation
- Mr. Shailen Bhatt, President and Chief Executive Officer, Intelligent Transportation Society of America
- Mr. Patrick Duffy, President, Blockchain in Transport Alliance
- Mr. Brent Hutto, Chief Relationship Officer, Truckstop.com
- Ms. Ann Schlenker, Director, Center for Transportation Research, Argonne National Laboratory
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building 562. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.