WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, chairman of the Subcommittee on Aviation and Space, will convene a hearing titled, “The Emerging Space Environment: Operational, Technical, and Policy Challenges,” at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14, 2019. The hearing will examine civil-military coordination, cooperation, and related issues within the space domain.
- The Honorable Jim Bridenstine, Administrator, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Mr. Kevin O’Connell, Director, Office of Space Commerce, Department of Commerce
- Mr. Robert Cardillo, Former Director, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Lt. Gen. David D. Thompson, Vice Commander, Space Command, United States Air Force
- Col. Pamela A. Melroy, United States Air Force (ret.)
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Subcommittee on Aviation and Space
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building 562. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*Note: Witnesses added on 5/10/19