WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “New Entrants in the National Airspace: Policy, Technology, and Security Issues for Congress,” at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 8, 2019. The hearing will examine the current state of our National Airspace System (NAS), the status of integration efforts by the Federal Aviation Administration for new entrants into the NAS, and the policy, technology, and security challenges that remain.
- Mr. Jay Merkle, Executive Director, Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Office, Federal Aviation Administration
- Mr. Wayne Montieth, Associate Administrator, Office of Commercial Space Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration
- Mr. Dallas Brooks, Director, Raspet Flight Research Laboratory, Mississippi State University
- Mr. Zach Lovering, Vice President, Urban Air Mobility Systems, Airbus
- Mr. Eric Stallmer, President, Commercial Spaceflight Federation
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building G50. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*Note: Location change 5/1/19
*Note: Time change 5/7/19