10:00 AM Dirksen Senate Office Building 562
U.S. Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., chairman of the Subcommittee on Science, Oceans, Fisheries, and Weather, will convene a hearing titled, “Atmospheric Science Research and Forecasting Innovation,” at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 16, 2019. The hearing will examine the current state of atmospheric and forecast research. Witnesses will provide insight on how to make atmospheric science research more broadly accessible and available. The panel will also provide feedback on the Weather Research and Forecasting Innovation Act of 2017 and the National Integrated Drought Information System Reauthorization Act of 2018.
- Dr. Waleed Abdalati, Director, Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
- Dr. Deborah Bronk, President and Chief Executive Officer, Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- Dr. Radley Horton, Associate Research Professor, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University Earth Institute
- Dr. Erika Washburn, Director, Lake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve
*Witness list subject to change
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Subcommittee on Science, Oceans, Fisheries, and Weather
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building 562. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Dr. Waleed AbdalatiDirectorCooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
Dr. Deborah BronkPresident and Chief Executive OfficerBigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
Dr. Radley HortonAssociate Research ProfessorLamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University Earth Institute
Dr. Erika WashburnDirectorLake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve