WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “Broadband Mapping: Challenges and Solutions,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 10, 2019. The hearing will examine the current state of the nation’s broadband maps, and evaluate the ongoing efforts within the federal government and private sector to collect more accurate broadband coverage data. The hearing also will examine ways to increase coordination among federal agencies that administer broadband deployment programs to ensure resources are targeted to unserved areas.
- Mr. Tim Donovan, Senior Vice President, Competitive Carriers Association
- Mr. Mike McCormick, President, Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation
- Mr. Mike Oblizalo, Vice President and General Manager, Hood Canal Communications
- Mr. Jonathan Spalter, President and Chief Executive Officer, United States Telecom Association
- Mr. Chip Strange, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Ookla
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building G50. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.