02:30 PM Hart Senate Office Building 216
U.S. Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., chairman of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will convene a hearing titled, “The Impact of Broadband Investments in Rural America,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. The hearing will focus on the Federal Communications Commission’s order to improve the quality and expand availability of rural broadband. The subcommittee will also discuss opportunities and investments to support carriers in rural America, efforts to prevent overbuilding among federal broadband programs, and the next steps to close the digital divide.
- Mr. Justin Forde, Senior Director of Government Relations, Midcontinent Communications
- Dr. Mark Jamison, Visiting Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Mr. Denny Law, General Manager and Chief Executive Officer, Golden West Telecommunications
- Ms. Carol Mattey, Principal, Mattey Consulting, LLC
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Justin FordeSenior Director of Government RelationsMidcontinent Communications
Dr. Mark JamisonVisiting ScholarAmerican Enterprise Institute
Mr. Denny LawGeneral Manager and Chief Executive OfficerGolden West Telecommunications
Ms. Carol MatteyPrincipalMattey Consulting, LLC