WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., chairman of the Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection, will convene a hearing titled, “Small Business Perspectives on a Federal Data Privacy Framework,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 26, 2019. The hearing will focus on the data privacy issues that impact small businesses and the unique challenges they face with laws designed for larger companies.
- Mr. Justin Brookman, Director, Privacy and Technology Policy for Consumer Reports
- Ms. Nina Dosanjh, Vice Chair, Technology Policy Committee, National Association of Realtors
- Mr. Jefferson England, Chief Financial Officer, Silver Star Communications
- Mr. Evan Engstrom, Executive Director, Engine Advocacy and Research Foundation
- Mr. Ryan Weber, President, KC Tech Council
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building 562. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*Note: Witness added on 3/22/19