WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “The State of the American Maritime Industry,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6, 2019. The hearing will focus on the current state of the domestic maritime industry in anticipation of the FY20 budget request and discuss priorities for the Coast Guard and MARAD reauthorization bills.
- Mr. Thomas Allegretti, President, American Waterways Operators
- Ms. Berit Eriksson, Workforce Development Director, Sailors’ Union of the Pacific
- Mr. Austin Golding, President, Golding Barge Line
- Mr. Matthew Paxton, President, Shipbuilders Council of America
- Mr. Matthew Woodruff, President, American Maritime Partnership
*List subject to change*
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*Note: Witness added on 3/4/19.