10:00 AM Dirksen Senate Office Building 562
U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, chairman of the Subcommittee on Security, will convene a hearing titled, “Expanding Opportunities, Challenges, and Threats in the Arctic: A Focus on the U.S. Coast Guard Arctic Strategic Outlook,” at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 12, 2019. The hearing will evaluate the Coast Guard’s presence in the Arctic, the 2019 Coast Guard Strategic Outlook, and the ability to meet existing and future challenges in the region.
Witness Panel 1:
- Ms. Heather Conley, Senior Vice President, Europe, Eurasia, and the Arctic; and Director, Europe Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Ms. Sherri Goodman, Senior Strategist, The Center for Climate and Security
- Dr. Michael Sfraga, Director of Global Risk and Resilience Program; Director of the Polar Institute, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
Witness Panel 2:
- Admiral Charles Ray, Vice Commandant, United States Coast Guard (USCG)
*Witness list subject to change
Thursday, December 12, 2019
Subcommittee on Security
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building 562. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Ms. Heather ConleySenior Vice President, Europe, Eurasia, and the Arctic; and DirectorEurope Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
Ms. Sherri GoodmanSenior StrategistThe Center for Climate and Security
Dr. Michael SfragaDirector of Global Risk and Resilience Program; Director of the Polar InstituteWoodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
Witness Panel 2
Admiral Charles RayVice CommandantCoast Guard