WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “Feeding America: Making Sustainable Offshore Aquaculture a Reality,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. This hearing will examine opportunities and barriers to expanding sustainable aquaculture in the U.S. Witnesses will discuss the environmental, economic, and social realities of open ocean aquaculture, and the need for a streamlined and predictable policy framework for advancing the development of offshore aquaculture.
- Ms. Linda Cornish, Founder and President, Seafood Nutrition Partnership
- Dr. Paul Doremus, Deputy Assistant Administrator of Operations, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Dr. Ben Halpern, Director, National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, University of California Santa Barbara
- Mr. Jeremiah Julius, Chairman, Lummi Nation
- Ms. Kathryn Unger, Managing Director, CQN North America, Cargill Aqua Nutrition
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.